Steamed Sea Bass In Chilli Bean Sauce
|Sea bass||3 1⁄3 Pound (Use 1 Large Fish, About 1.5 Kilogram)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Light olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili bean sauce/1 dessertspoon preserved soy beans, tau cheoh||1 Tablespoon (Woh Hup Brand)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash and clean sea bass under flowing tap water.
2) In case it smells a little fishy, use 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda for further washing.
3) Fillet if you wishd, even though this is traditionally cooked whole.
4) Remove the seeds from the chillis and dice chillis and garlic.
5) Take a serving plate with shallow sides and arrange sea bass in it.
6) Heat olive oil and fry quickly the chillis, garlic and soy beans for about 20 seconds over moderate heat.
7) Let it cool, then ladle over the fish.
8) In steamer or wok,let water to boil.
9) Arrange trivet in wok to raise plate out of boiling water.
10) Into steamer or wok, place entire plate with fish.
11) Now add 1 tablespoon water to the sea bass, cover with lid and steam for 20 to 25 minutes on maximum heat.
12) The sea bass gets completely cooked when juices run clear and flesh is nice moist and flaky.
13) Ladle sesame oil over and scatter on top with coriander.
14) Serve hot at once.