Cheese And Nut Sauce
|Shelled walnuts||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Roasted pine nuts||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Teaspoon, toasted (5 Milliliter)|
|Fresh basil leaves||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ricotta cheese||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
1) In a food processor or blender, process the nuts, bread crumbs, basil, salt and pepper into a coarse paste.
2) Stir in the crushed garlic and olive oil, and mix well.
3) In a bowl, transfer the nut mixture and stir in the Parmesan and Ricotta cheeses.
4) Mix thoroughly, until the sauce is smooth, then taste and adjust the seasoning and add some more Parmesan if desired.
5) Serve the Cheese and Nut Sauce over any hot cooked pasta, adding 1 tablespoon pasta cooking water to heat and coat the pasta well.