Leeks With Mustard Sauce
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Trim the leeks and discard the withered ones..
2) Peel onion and garlic, chop them as well.
3) Cook leeks in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes till tender.
4) Drain and reserve 1/2cup cooking liquid.
5) In warmed serving dish, arrange the leeks. Keep them warm.
6) In a saucepan, melt the butter and fry the onion and garlic till golden.
7) Add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
8) Slowly add reserved cooking liquid and milk.
9) Boil the liquid, keep stirring, and cook for 3 minutes.
10) Add mustard, cheese and seasoning and heat through slowly but do not boil.
11) Pour the liquid over the leeks.
12) Serve the hot leeks with sauce in any of your vegeterian meal.