Basil Red Sauce
|Canned plum tomatoes||29 Ounce, undrained and coarsely chopped (2 cans, 14.5 ounces each)|
|Sun dried tomatoes||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat bring together canned tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes to a boil and cook 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool 5 minutes.
3. In a food processor pulse process tomato mixture, basil, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar briefly to blend ingredients.
4. With processor running, gradually add vinegar and oil and process until well blended.
5. Serve with Seafood Crepes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4155.9 mg173.2%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44.1%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.4%
Sugars 55.2 g
Protein 21 g41.8%
Vitamin A 132.2% Vitamin C 286.3%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 48.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet