Easy Cranberry Sauce
|Strawberry glaze||14 Ounce (1 container)|
|Cranberries package||12 Ounce (3 cups/ 1 package, fresh or frozen)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium size saucepan (2-quart), combine the ingredients.
2. Place the pan over a medium high flame and bring to a boil, stirring all the while.
3. Lower the heat and let the berries simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are soft and pulpy.
4. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the contents into a bowl.
5. Taste and adjust sweetness to preferrence by adding sugar and stirring well.
6. Allow the sauce to cool to room temperature, then cover bowl and place in the refrigerator.
7. Let chill well before serving the sauce.
8. This sauce goes well with roasted or baked meats like pork, ham or turkey.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 824 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.69 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 81.8 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.6%
Sugars 109.4 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 186.1%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet