Spaghetti With Chicken Sauce
|Thick bacon slices||2|
|Boneless chicken breasts||3⁄4 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Dice the bacon.
2) Wipe and trim the chicken, discarding skin.
3) Cut the meat into strips.
4) Blanch, peel and chop the tomatoes.
5) Peel and crush garlic.
6) In a flameproof casserole, heat half the butter add the bacon and chicken and fry for 5 minutes till browned all over.
7) Add tomatoes to the pan with garlic, tomato paste, sugar and salt and pepper.
8) Add the wine and bring to a boil, stirring.
9) Reduce the heat, cover the pan tightly and simmer for 20 minutes.
10) Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water till just tender.
11) In a colander drain the spaghetti.
12) In a saucepan, melt in the saucepan, add the almonds and fry over a high heat till golden.
13) Return the spaghetti to the pan with half the tomato chicken sauce, toss lightly and adjust seasoning to taste.
14) Place in a warmed serving dish.
15) Season the spaghetti with remaining sauce, pour into a warmed sauceboat and serve separately.