Orange Mustard Sauce
|V8 vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and heat, stirring constantly, until marmalade has melted.
3. Reduce heat and simmer sauce for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it is thickened.
3. Alternatively, combine ingredients in a microwavable bowl (1-quart) and heat through on HIGH for 3 minutes in the microwave, stirring frequently.
4. Pour the sauce into a bowl and let cool to room temperature before serving.
4. Serve the sauce with roasted or grilled ham, pork or poultry or use it as a glaze and to baste while roasting or grilling the same.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 568.5 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 110.6 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 77.5% Vitamin C 125.2%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet