Ginger Cranberry Sauce
|Jellied cranberry sauce||8 Ounce, cut into cubes (1 can)|
|Refrigerated tangy french dressing and dip||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground red cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
3. Alternatively, combine ingredients in a microwavable bowl (1-quart) and heat through on HIGH for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Pour the sauce into a bowl and let cool to room temperature before serving.
4. Serve the sauce with roasted or grilled ham, pork or poultry or use it as a glaze for the same.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1164 Calories from Fat 716
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.6%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2458 mg102.4%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 81.4 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet