Shrimp Balls In Vegetable Sauce
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Coarsely shredded cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined and cooked|
|White bread slice||1|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1⁄4 Pound|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Chop the shrimps (reserving 6).
2) Cut the 6 shrimps into half.
3) Soak the bread and mash.
4) In a bowl, mix together the potatoes, beef, chopped shrimp, salt, pepper and egg.
5) Shape 1 tablespoon of mixture into walnut sized ball.
6) In a skillet heat oil and brown the shrimp balls in it.
7) Drain on paper napkin and keep it warm.
8) In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the onions for 5 minutes.
9) Add the cabbage, celery and bean sprout, sautÃ© for 3 minutes.
10) Stir in broth, soy sauce and chili peppers and simmer for 15 minutes.
11) Add the shrimp balls to the vegetable along with the reserved shrimps.
12) Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
13) Serve hot with steamed rice.
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.5%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.6 mg82.2%
Sodium 1647.5 mg68.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 38 g76.7%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 63.2%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet