Steamed Cranberry Pudding with Orange Hard Sauce
|For orange hard sauce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brandy||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For cranberry pudding|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole berry cranberry sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter flavoring||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh)|
|Finely chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. For orange hard sauce in a medium bowl, cream butter, gradually add remaining ingredients continuing to beat until fluffy.
2. Spoon into serving dish and chill.
3. For cranberry pudding, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine raisins and brandy and heat 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a large bowl cream butter and sugars and beat adding cranberry sauce, eggs and butter flavoring until smooth.
6. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt.
7. Into the creamed mixture stir in dry ingredients until well blended and stir in cranberries, pecans and brandied raisin mixture.
8. Into a greased and floured 8-cup pudding mold spoon batter, cover with mold lid or aluminum foil and set mold on a rack inside a large stockpot.
9. To stockpot add boiling water to come halfway up sides of mold.
10. Cover stockpot and keep water at a gentle boil, adding boiling water as necessary.
11. Steam 2 to 2 1/4 hours until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
12. Onto serving plate unmold steamed pudding and serve warm with orange hard sauce.