Summer Fruits with Custard Sauce
|Skim milk/Nonfat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nectarine||5 Ounce, blanched, pared, pitted, thinly sliced (small size)|
1. In small mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs.
2. In a saucepan mix together milk, flour, and sugar and cook over medium-low heat stirring continuously with a wire whisk to dissolve the flour, until the mixture is smooth and thick.
3. Gradually stir in half of the milk mixture; slowly stir egg-milk mixture back into milk mixture in saucepan.
4. Cook over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly, until bubbles begin to form around edge of pan but do not boil.
5. Transfer to small mixing bowl; stir in margarine and extract.
6. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until thoroughly chilled.
7. In two dessert dishes arrange half of the blueberries and nectarine slices.
8. Top each with half of the custard mixture and serve.
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.6 mg70.9%
Sodium 102.2 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet