Summer Fruits With Custard Sauce
|Skim milk/Nonfat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nectarine||5 Ounce, blanched, pared, pitted, thinly sliced (small size)|
1. In small mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs.
2. In a saucepan mix together milk, flour, and sugar and cook over medium-low heat stirring continuously with a wire whisk to dissolve the flour, until the mixture is smooth and thick.
3. Gradually stir in half of the milk mixture; slowly stir egg-milk mixture back into milk mixture in saucepan.
4. Cook over low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly, until bubbles begin to form around edge of pan but do not boil.
5. Transfer to small mixing bowl; stir in margarine and extract.
6. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until thoroughly chilled.
7. In two dessert dishes arrange half of the blueberries and nectarine slices.
8. Top each with half of the custard mixture and serve.