Fresh Tomato Coulis
|Minced shallots/Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon)|
|Plum tomatoes||12 Large, blanched, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced flat leaf italian parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced basil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a 1 1/2-quart microwavable casserole, add the shallots or onions along with oil. Give it a good stir.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
3) Once the shallots turn soft, add in the tomatoes, bay leaves and thyme. Mix well.
4) Microwave the casserole on HIGH for 4 minutes. Stir once after 2 minutes of cooking.
5) Fish out the bay leaf and discard.
6) Lastly, stir in the parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
7) Allow the casserole to rest for a minute giving time to the flavors to blend.
8) Serve the Fresh Tomato Coulis alongside your favorite appetizers.