Pecan Waffles with Strawberry Sauce
|Whole-wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot nectar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apricot nectar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a saucepan, bring the stock to lukewarm temperature and remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the cheese, oil, honey, thyme, dill and yeast.
4. Add the mashed potatoes and set aside for 10 minutes to make the yeast foamy.
5. Gradually stir 4 cups or flour into the potato mixture.
6. In a large bowl, mix the whole-wheat flour and unbleached flour.
7. Turn onto a floured surface and knead the dough.
8. Knead for about 10 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
9. Lightly oil a large bowl and add the dough to coat all sides with oil.
10. Allow it to rise in a warm, draft-free place for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until doubled in volume.
11. Coat two 8 1/2 X 4 1/2-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
12. Punch down the dough and knead for 1 more minute.
13. Divide into two portions and form into loaves.
14. Add the dough, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
15. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped.
16. Allow the loaves to cool on wire racks for 30 minutes.
17. Serve cold as a part of the menu.