Veal In Apple Lemon Sauce
|Veal scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apples||4 Large, cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Pat the veal dry with paper towels.
2. Place the meat between two sheets of waxed paper and pound with a meat mallet till about 1/8 of an inch thick
3. Dredge with flour and shake off the excess
4. Reserve a few of the apple slices as a garnish
5. In a large saucepan, place the apples and cook them with lemon juice till tender. This will take 5-7 minutes
6. Puree half of these apples to form a sauce
7. In another large nonstick frying pan, heat one tablespoon oil and add the mushrooms. SautÃ© for five minutes.
8. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside
9. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and add the veal to the pan. SautÃ© the veal in batches for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or till brown.
10. Remove the veal to a platter and transfer to a serving platter to keep warm.
11. Pour the stock into the pan and deglaze it to collect all the brown bits on the pan bottom.
12. Lower the heat, add the apple puree, and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
13. Add the veal, mushrooms, and apple slices and cook 5 minutes again.
14. Serve hot