Hard Boiled Eggs in Onion Sauce
|Hard boiled eggs||8 , sliced|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Chopped rocambole/Garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Seville orange juice||6 Tablespoon, strained|
1) In a heavy saucepan, stir in the flour in the melted butter.
2) Stir in the parsley, scallions, shallots and rocambole or garlic.
3) Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste, then stir in the cream and oil.
4) Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly for about 15 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and thick sauce.
5) Adjust the seasoning, if required.
6) Stir in the orange juice and sliced eggs, cook until the eggs are thoroughly heated.
7) Serve the Hard Boiled Eggs in Onion Sauce, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.1%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 520.1 mg173.4%
Sodium 258.2 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 17 g33.6%
Vitamin A 45.9% Vitamin C 53.7%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet