Herbed Pepper Sauce
|Sweet red pepper||2 Large, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried savory||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In nonstick frying pan heat oil over medium high temperature sautÃ© the peppers and onions for about 10 minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
2. Add the garlic and stir for a minute.
3. Add the stock, oregano, basil, and savory and cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
4. With a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a blender or food processor.
5. Add enough liquid to help blending and puree to desired consistency.
6. Serve the sauce with any side dish. It is hot and spicy taste makes it an excellent sauce with fried food.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg2.4%
Sodium 369.1 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.1%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 172.8% Vitamin C 588.7%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet