Seafood In Pastry with Leek Cream Sauce
|Puff pastry||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Saffron powder sachet||1|
|Trimmed leeks||12 Ounce, sliced thinly, use a lot of green part (350 Gram)|
|Single cream/Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Mixed seafood/Canned in brine||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
1) Adjust the oven on to Gas Mark 7/425°F/220°C.
2) Spread out the pastry by rolling to shape into a rectangle and cut out 6 rectangles, about 5X3 inches (13 x 8 cm) - this should be a little thicker than we usually roll pastry.
3) Combine the egg yolk with the saffron and paint each pastry shape.
4) With the help of a sharp-pointed knife, make an even criss-cross pattern on the top of each.
5) Bake on a lightly moistened tray in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until very well risen and cooked through.
6) Cool slightly and split carefully in two, ake away any uncooked pastry and return to the turned-off, cooling oven to dry out.
7) Cook the sliced leek over a simmering heat in the cream until tender enough but still rather green.
8) Blend to a liquid and then strain through a fine sieve.
9) Add required seasoning and allow to keep warm till ready to be served.