Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce
|Pepper red||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Distilled white vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Nuoc Mam Fish Sauce)|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Small, finely shredded, rinsed and squeezed dry|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a small dish, soak the red pepper in the vinegar for 2 minutes.
2) Use a small bowl, to add fish sauce, lime juice, carrot, garlic and sugar and combine thoroughly.
3) Stir in 1 1/2 cups warm water and the hot pepper-vinegar mixture.
4) Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves.
5) Serve at room temperature.
Store the sauce in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.