|Ripe tomatoes||6 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil||1 Teaspoon, dried and mixed with marjoram and thyme|
|Marjoram||1 Teaspoon, dried and mixed with basil and thyme|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, dried and mixed with basil and marjoram|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large enameled or stainless-steel saucepan, heat the oil.
2) In the hot oil, gently fry the diced onion until soft. Do not let them brown.
3) To this, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4) Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes turn into a thick pulp.
5) Using a wooden pestle or spoon, sieve the mixture.
6) If desired, reduce the sauce again by simmering, for the required consistency.
7) Finally, adjust the seasonings to taste.
8) Tomato sauce is most commonly used for pasta dishes. However, you can use this as desired, in any dish of your choice.