|Ripe tomatoes||6 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil||1 Teaspoon, dried and mixed with marjoram and thyme|
|Marjoram||1 Teaspoon, dried and mixed with basil and thyme|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, dried and mixed with basil and marjoram|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large enameled or stainless-steel saucepan, heat the oil.
2) In the hot oil, gently fry the diced onion until soft. Do not let them brown.
3) To this, add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
4) Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes turn into a thick pulp.
5) Using a wooden pestle or spoon, sieve the mixture.
6) If desired, reduce the sauce again by simmering, for the required consistency.
7) Finally, adjust the seasonings to taste.
8) Tomato sauce is most commonly used for pasta dishes. However, you can use this as desired, in any dish of your choice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 438.9 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 55.5 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 149.6% Vitamin C 206.3%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet