Eggs Poached in Tomatoes
|Ripe plum tomatoes||2 Pound, peeled and chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh basil leaves||6 , each torn into 2 or 3 pieces|
1) In a large saucepan, preferably terracotta, saute the garlic in the oil, until slightly golden.
2) Stir in the tomatoes and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until very soft.
3) Stir in the salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the basil, mix thoroughly.
4) Gently crack the eggs into the tomato sauce, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, then poach for about 8 minutes.
5) Serve the Eggs Poached in Tomatoes on individual serving plates.