Fried Egg With Spicy Sauce
|Shallots/Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dried ground chili peppers||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp paste/Anchovy paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg||8 , hard-cooked and shelled (Keep Whole)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Mix together shallots, garlic, chilli peppers, shrimp paste, sugar, salt and lemon rind.
2) In a skillet heat 2 tablespoon of oil and brown the eggs in it. Drain.
3) Use the same skillet and heat 2 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the spice mixture for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Add the soy sauce, lime juice and coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes.
5) Pour over the eggs.
6) Serve hot garnished with scallions.