|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, sliced|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Button mushrooms||2 Ounce, washed and thinly sliced (50 Gram)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1. Place the oil and butter in a saucepan with the onion, carrot and pepper.
2. Cook until soft without browning, about 8 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, add the wine, stirring all the time, and cook for a few minutes.
4. Gradually add the stock and bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Serve with chicken or pasta.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1125 Calories from Fat 630
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.9%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.4 mg21.1%
Sodium 448.1 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.8%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 297.5% Vitamin C 316%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet