3 Ounce, broiled for 5 to 7 minutes, skinned, filleted and crumbled
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
4 Clove (20 gm), thinly sliced
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, pounded to a paste
Sweet red pepper
1 Medium, halved, seeded, deribbed and diced
1) In a skillet, stir the tomatoes, harissa, paprika, garlic and caraway seeds in the heated oil.
2) Gently stir in the herring and water, then simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the red pepper and cook further over a low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
4) Adjust the seasoning, if required, then gradually crack the eggs over the sauce.
5) Simmer over a low heat, until the egg whites are set.
6) Serve the Eggs Poached on Tomatoes and Smoked Herring, immediately on individual serving plates.