Chicken Pieces with Nutty Sauce
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken breast||4|
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Pinch|
|Roasted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Peel and finely chop two onions.
2) Peel and crush garlic.
3) Place both in a mortar or blender with walnuts and salt.
4) Crush or blend to a paste, gradually adding 2 tbsp lemon juice to give a creamy mixture.
5) Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
6) Peel and finely chop two onions.
7) Preheat the broiler.
8) Place the chicken in a shallow dish and pour walnut mixture over.
9) Leave to marinate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
10) In a skillet, heat half oil and fry onions till crisp and golden.
11) Remove from pan and drain.
12) Peel and finely chop remaining onion and puree in mortar or blender with chili powder, salt and peanuts till smooth.
13) Heat remaining oil in skillet and fry peanut mixture for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
14) Stir in soy sauce, water and remaining lemon juice.
15) Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
16) Thread chicken pieces onto four oiled skewers.
17) Broil for 10 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with walnut mixture.
18) Add any remaining walnut mixture and fried onions to peanut sauce and heat through.
19) Pour the peanut sauce over broiled chicken and serve.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 482.5 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet