Peas And Carrots In Sauce
|Podded peas||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Fresh)|
|Small carrots||8 Ounce, scraped (225 Gram, Young Variety)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
1. Cook the vegetables in 150 ml/1/4 pint salted water.
2. Cover and cook gently until just tender 12-15 minutes.
3. Blend the butter and flour together to make a beurre manie
4. Add pieces of this to the cooked vegetables, stirring gently to break up and thicken the liquid the vegetables were cooked in.
5. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings.