Eggs in Onion Sauce
|Egg||12 , hard-boiled and sliced into rounds|
|Onions||6 , thinly sliced|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, saute the onions in the butter, season with the salt and pepper to taste.
2) Cook over a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are soft and golden.
3) Sprinkle in the flour, blend in the cream and bring to a boil.
4) Then stir continuously and ccok for 25 to 30 minutes.
5) Stir the sliced eggs and heat for a few minutes over a low heat, until thoroughly heated.
6) Serve the Eggs in Onion Sauce, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g105.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 510.4 mg170.1%
Sodium 227.4 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 15 g30.8%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet