Poached Eggs in Wine Sauce
|Eggs||4 , poached|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound (About 1 1/3 Cups, 325 Milliliter)|
|Pearl onions||1⁄4 Pound, peeled (Or Small Boiling, About 1 Cup, 1/4 Liter)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Bread slice||4 , toasted|
1) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms and onions in the butter for about 5 minutes, or until they are just soft.
2) Sprinkle in the flour, then stir in the beef stock and white wine.
3) Cook, uncovered, over a low heat for 20 minutes, or until the onions are tender and the sauce has a thick consistency.
4) Turn off the heat and allow the sauce cool slightly.
5) Stir in the egg yolks and gently heat the sauce for 1 or 2 minutes over a low heat to thicken.
6) Place a poached egg over each toast slice, spoon the wine sauce over the eggs and serve immediately.