Unsalted White Sauce
|Low sodium low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter/Corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, place the milk on low heat and bring just to the boiling point.
2) In another saucepan, melt the butter or margarine; add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to avoid it from getting brown.
3) Remove from the heat and add the milk all at once, stirring constantly with a wire whisk to make sure no lumps are formed.
4) Put the sauce back on the heat and cook slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) If a thicker sauce is desired, cook it a little longer.
6) Add the pepper and stir in well.
7) Refrigerate for later use as desired.