Aubergines With Yogurt Sauce
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (A Little)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (100 Grams)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Chopped chives||2 Teaspoon|
|Natural yoghurt||5 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Carton Or 150 Grams)|
|Watercress sprig||3 (For Garnish)|
|Tomato wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Wash the aubergines and slice. Sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Drain, rinse and dry well.
2. Season the flour with pepper. Dip the aubergine slices into the flour then the egg and coat in bread - crumbs.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the aubergines for a few minutes on either side until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
4. Mix together the chives, yoghurt and mayonnaise. Season with pepper and serve with the aubergines.
5. Garnish the slices with sprigs of watercress and wedges of tomato.
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.1 mg21%
Sodium 365.3 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet