Rotelle with Olive Caper Sauce
|Dried tomato halves||10|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Calamata olives||20 Small, pitted, chopped|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Low-sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Ounce (2 Tablespoons)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed|
|Rotelle||3 Ounce, cooked, drained|
1. In medium bowl, soak tomatoes in boiling water to cover 2 minutes.
2. Drain and chop them.
3. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add onion, olives, tomatoes, basil, marjoram and pepper.
4. Cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes, until onion is tender.
5. Stir in broth, wine and capers.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10-12 minutes, until liquid reduces slightly.
7. To serve, in a large serving bowl place pasta, pour sauce over pasta and toss to mix well.