Orange Braised Chicken With Almond Sauce
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Skinless chicken legs/8 skinless thighs / drumsticks||2 Pound (4 Whole Legs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger cube||1 Inch, peeled, coarsely chopped (Fresh)|
|Fresh jalapeno||2 , seeded|
|Navel oranges||6 , pared, segmented|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Almonds||4 Ounce, blanched|
1) In a 4-quart saucepan, saute the onion over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until it begins to brown.
2) Stir in the garlic, allspice and chicken, then cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
3) Stir in the broth, bring to a simmer, add about 1 teaspoon salt, then cook covered over a very low heat for 45 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
4) In a food processor, process the ginger, jalapenos, orange zest, sugar, almonds and 1/2 teaspoon salt together until pureed. Remove in a bowl and keep aside.
5) Whisk the almond puree into the pan, turn off the heat, add the orange segments and season with salt to taste.
6) Place the chicken on serving plates, spoon the almond sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.