Dessert Sauce Au Vin
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely diced|
|Burgundy wine/Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, sprinkle sugar over rhubarb and allow to stand for minimum 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2) Stir in the wine, ginger, and grated peel, mix well.
3) In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with a little water until smooth, then stir into the rhubarb mixture.
4) Simmer until the rhubarb is tender and the sauce is clear; then cover the pan and allow to cool.
5) Serve the sauce over cakes, puddings, French toast, and pancakes;
Or use as rhubarb sauce.