Dessert Sauce Au Vin
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely diced|
|Burgundy wine/Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, sprinkle sugar over rhubarb and allow to stand for minimum 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2) Stir in the wine, ginger, and grated peel, mix well.
3) In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch with a little water until smooth, then stir into the rhubarb mixture.
4) Simmer until the rhubarb is tender and the sauce is clear; then cover the pan and allow to cool.
5) Serve the sauce over cakes, puddings, French toast, and pancakes;
Or use as rhubarb sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.51 g0.78%
Saturated Fat 0.13 g0.67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 152.6 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 44%
Calcium 22% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet