Catfish With Orange Sauce
|For the orange sauce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon (With A Dash Of Sesame Oil)|
|Extra light olive oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon (With A Dash Of Sesame Oil)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, toasted|
|Green onions||4 , separated into white parts, finely chopped dark green parts, minced (Reserved For Garnish)|
|Peeled ginger root slice||8 (Fresh, Quarter Size Slices)|
|Peeled ginger root slice||8 , peeled (Fresh Quarter Size Slices)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, smashed and chopped|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||354 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Cornstarch||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 4 teaspoons orange juice|
|Cornstarch||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 4 teaspoons / 20 milliliter orange juice|
|Orange juice||4 Teaspoon, mixed with cornstarch|
|Orange||1 , peeled, zest reserved for garnish, pith removed and the segments separated (If You Do This Over A Small Bowl, You Can Use The Excess Juice To Make The Cornstarch Slurry)|
|Orange||1 , peeled, pith removed and the segments separated (Zest Reserved For Garnish, If You Do This Over A Small Bowl, You Can Use The Excess Juice To Make The Cornstarch Slurry)|
|For the catfish|
|Catfish fillets||16 Ounce (4 Fillets, 4 Ounce / 113 Gram Each)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||59 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|For the side dishes|
|New red potatoes||12|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, chopped large (227 Gram)|
|Broccoli florets||8 Ounce (227 Gram)|
1) For the Orange Sauce, heat a small saucepan over medium heat and pour oils into it.
2) Stir in white parts of the chopped green onions and cook for 1 minute.
3) Mix in ginger and garlic and cook them for 2 minutes.
4) Add in orange juice and then allow the mixture to come to a boil.
5) Lower heat and simmer again for 8 minutes.
6) Take off the mixture from heat and keep aside.
7) Into the bottom of a roasting pan, pour 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) of water.
8) On a rack in the roasting pan, lay the catfish and apply sesame oil and orange juice over it.
9) Season with salt and pepper and place under the broiler for 8 minutes, keeping the rack 4 inches (10 cm) away from the heat source.
10) In the meantime, steam the potatoes.
11) Stir in carrots after 4 minutes and then mix in broccoli after 3 minutes.
12) Cook the mixture for 5 minutes more.
13) Strain the orange sauce into a small bowl just before serving.
14) Squeeze firmly on the solids to extract the pulp from the bao syang vegetables.
15) Place them back to the same saucepan and then add in a little of the cornstarch slurry.
16) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring well.
17) Pour in more cornstarch slurry and cook for about 30 seconds until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
18) Take it off from heat and keep aside after mixing in orange segments.
19) Take 4 dinner plates and divide the fish, potatoes and vegetables among them.
20) Pour over the sauce and then top with the minced dark green onion tops and the orange zest slivers.
21) Serve at once.