Classic Custard Sauce
|Cornflour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop (Few Drops)|
1) In a small basin, combine 2-3 tablespoons of the milk, add the cornflour and blend thoroughly.
2) Heat the remaining milk in a pan to just under boiling point.
3) Remove the pan from the heat and stir into the cornflour mixture.
4) Blend well and pour back into the saucepan.
5) Bring up to the boil stirring all the time until thickened.
6) Simmer for 1-2 minutes, then draw off the heat.
7) Stir in the sugar, the lightly-mixed egg and a few drops of vanilla essence.
8) Strain into a heated jug.
9) Serve the sustard sauce with hot pies and puddings.