Easy Tomato Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||19 Ounce (Undrained, 1 Can, 540 Milliliter)|
|Tomatoes||19 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In 8-cup (2 liter) measure, combine oil, onion and garlic and microwave at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
2. Breaking up with wooden spoon, add tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano.
3. With vented plastic wrap cover and microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes until steaming and slightly thickened, stirring once.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and use as desired.
5. Make the sauce in advance, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.