Easy Tomato Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||19 Ounce (Undrained, 1 Can, 540 Milliliter)|
|Tomatoes||19 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In 8-cup (2 liter) measure, combine oil, onion and garlic and microwave at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
2. Breaking up with wooden spoon, add tomatoes, tomato paste and oregano.
3. With vented plastic wrap cover and microwave at High for 5 to 7 minutes until steaming and slightly thickened, stirring once.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and use as desired.
5. Make the sauce in advance, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 301.2 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.2%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 65.9%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet