Chicken And Carrots In Dill Yogurt Sauce
|Chicken thighs||2 Pound (6 To 8 Thighs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1 Pound (4 Large Sized)|
|Dill leaves/Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Fresh Ones)|
|Fresh dill/Fresh mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Loosely Packed)|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Preferably Whole-Milk)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin side down, and saute until the skin is crisp, about 10 minutes. Be sure to turn the chicken several times so it crisps and browns evenly.
2. Using the back of a spoon or a spatula, spread the mustard on both sides of the chicken. Cover the skillet and reduce heat to low and cook, turning the chicken every now and then, until just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
3. While the chicken is cooking, grate the carrots in a food processor. Remove them to a mixing bowl, and wipe out the bowl of the processor. Rinse and stem the dill, pat it dry, and add it to the processor along with the yogurt. Puree until smooth, and set aside.
4. Remove the chicken to a plate. Add the grated carrots to the skillet along with 1 teaspoon salt, and saute, stirring continuously, over medium heat until the carrots begin to wilt and are warmed through but still crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the yogurt mixture to the skillet and stir gently over low heat, uncovered, until warmed through, about 1 minute. Take care not to boil the yogurt or it will curdle. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon carrots onto a serving platter and top with the chicken.
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 211.7 mg70.6%
Sodium 400 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 48 g96.3%
Vitamin A 393.7% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet