Creamy Orange Butterscotch Sauce
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butterscotch morsels||6 Ounce (Nestle 1 Cup)|
|Orange extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk and syrup.
2. Stir lightly to blend.
3. Place on a medium low flame and heat to boiling.
4. Take pan off the heat and add the Butterscotch morsels.
5. Stir until the morsels melt and blend into the milk, making it thick
4. Flavor with orange extract.
5. Serve the sauce warm over ice-cream or fruit or use as topping for desserts like cakes and pies.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1567 Calories from Fat 550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.5%
Saturated Fat 44.9 g224.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.7 mg18.6%
Sodium 578.4 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 254 g84.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 171 g
Protein 13 g26.2%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 53% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet