Happy As A Clam Sauce
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Half and half||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Light Cream)|
|Canned clams||6 1⁄2 Ounce, minced / chopped (1 Can)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
2. Add garlic to the butter and saute lightly until soft but not browned.
3. Stir in the flour and cook until it begins to froth with the butter.
4. Gradually add in half and half, stirring constantly until well blended with the butter-flour mixture.
5. Cook the sauce on low heat, stirring constantly, until it is thick and bubbly.
6. To the simmering sauce, add undrained clams, brandy, herbs and seasonings and stir well.
7. Heat through for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Serve the sauce hot, over pasta or poached fish.