Sherry Cheese Sauce
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), grated|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, melt butter on a low flame
2. Stir in flour, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute until crumbly.
3. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly to make a smooth sauce.
4. Cook sauce on low heat, stirring all the time, until it is thick and bubbly, about 5-8 minutes.
5. Add Worcestershire sauce and cheese and blend well until cheese melts.
6. Take pan off the heat and stir in the sherry.
7. This sauce can be served over baked or poached fish such as sole.