Raisin Growers Raisin Sauce
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn starch, spices, mustard and salt.
2. Add a little of the measured water to this to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. In saucepan combine raisins and water.
4. Simmer on a low flame for 5 minutes until raisins are soft and plump.
5. Stir in the cornstarch paste, stirring constantly until well blended.
6. Cook on a gentle flame, stirring all the while, until the sauce is thick and transparent and comes to a boil.
7. Take pan off the heat and stir in the vinegar.
8. Serve the sauce warm as an accompaniment to ham.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 882 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.95 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 507.9 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 231 g77%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 173.2 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet