Raisin Growers Raisin Sauce
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn starch, spices, mustard and salt.
2. Add a little of the measured water to this to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. In saucepan combine raisins and water.
4. Simmer on a low flame for 5 minutes until raisins are soft and plump.
5. Stir in the cornstarch paste, stirring constantly until well blended.
6. Cook on a gentle flame, stirring all the while, until the sauce is thick and transparent and comes to a boil.
7. Take pan off the heat and stir in the vinegar.
8. Serve the sauce warm as an accompaniment to ham.