Raisin Sauce For Ham
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dark Or Golden, Sun-Maid)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn starch and salt.
2. Add a little cold water to this to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. In saucepan combine raisins and water.
4. Simmer on a low flame for 5 minutes until raisins are soft and plump.
5. Stir in the cornstarch paste, stirring constantly until well blended..
6. Cook on a gentle flame, stirring all the while, until the sauce is thick, syrupy and transparent.
7. Take pan off the heat and stir in the butter and vinegar.
8. Serve the sauce hot as an accompaniment to ham.