Blender Hollandaise Sauterne
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sauterne||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, add the butter and melt over a low flame, heating until it begins to foam.
2. In the meantime, in a blender jar, combine the egg yolks, wine and seasonings.
3. Blend for 2 seconds. .
4. With the motor running at high speed, pour the hot butter in a steady stream through the food chute, into the yolk mixture.
5. Once all the butter has been incorporated and sauce is thick, empty into a bowl.
6. If lumpy, add a spoon of hot water and blend to adjust the consistency.
7. Add stiffly beaten egg whites to the sauce and fold in using a spatula.
8. Serve the sauce immediately over cooked vegetables or poached fish or serve as a dipping sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1456 Calories from Fat 1338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g233.7%
Saturated Fat 91.4 g456.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 997.3 mg332.4%
Sodium 717.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.72%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 104.4% Vitamin C 0.84%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet