Blender Hollandaise Sauterne
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sauterne||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, add the butter and melt over a low flame, heating until it begins to foam.
2. In the meantime, in a blender jar, combine the egg yolks, wine and seasonings.
3. Blend for 2 seconds. .
4. With the motor running at high speed, pour the hot butter in a steady stream through the food chute, into the yolk mixture.
5. Once all the butter has been incorporated and sauce is thick, empty into a bowl.
6. If lumpy, add a spoon of hot water and blend to adjust the consistency.
7. Add stiffly beaten egg whites to the sauce and fold in using a spatula.
8. Serve the sauce immediately over cooked vegetables or poached fish or serve as a dipping sauce.