Easy Bordelaise Sauce
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), diced|
|Bouillon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red cooking wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Virginia Dare)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a ceramic glazed saucepan, melt the butter.
2. Add diced onions and saute until soft and golden.
3. Stir in flour and cook until frothy.
4. Gradyally add bouillon, stirring constantly to make a smooth.
5.Stir in cooking wine, crushed garlic and chopped parsley.
6. Cook the sauce on low heat, stirring constantly, until it is thick and bubbly.
7. Heat through for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Serve the sauce hot over roast or grilled meat or use to make a stew.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg16.1%
Sodium 482 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet