Artichoke Filled Pasta With Tomato Sauce
|Cannelloni/Manicotti shells||12 Ounce|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Canned artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained and thinly sliced (1 Can)|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Gorgonzola cheese||2 Ounce|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Green tomatoes||1 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh basil/1 tablespoon, dried||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the pasta shells in a pot of boiling, salted water for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) In a skillet, heat oil, saute garlic and onions over medium flame. When they turn soft, add in the artichokes and white wine.
4) Cook for about 3 minutes until the liquid disappears. Remove from flame and allow to cool slightly.
5) In a blender, pulse the artichoke mixture until finely chopped. Add in ricotta, gorgonzola, parsley and egg yolk. Pulse till the ingredients get well blended.
6) Stuff the cooked pasta shells with the cheese and artichoke mixture. Set aside.
7) In a saucepan, heat oil, add in carrots and garlic and saute for a minute. Add in tomatoes, chicken stock, basil and bay leaf. Cook until the sauce thickens stirring intermittently for about 15 minutes.
8) Discard the bay leaf and season the sauce with salt and pepper.
9) Pour the tomato sauce over the pasta shells and transfer into a baking dish.
10) Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
11) Serve the Artichoke Filled Pasta with Tomato Sauce sprinkled with grated cheese.