Pumpkin Gingerbread With Caramel Sauce
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Not Pumpkin Mix)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preeat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In large bowl, combine flour and granulated sugar and mix well.
3) With pastry blender or fork, cut in 2/3 cup butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
4) Add pecans.
5) In bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan, press 1 1/4 crumbs mixture.
6) To remaining crumb mixture, add all remaining gingerbread ingredients and mix well.
7) In pan, pour evenly over crumb crust.
8) Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9) In medium saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and add brown sugar and corn syrup.
10) Boil the syrup and cook for 1 minute.
11) Add whipping cream and again boil.
12) Remove from heat.
13) Pour warm sauce over gingerbread, top with ice cream and chopped pecans, serve.