Pasta with Cheese Sauce and Vegetables
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried basil||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Fettuccine||8 Ounce (Spinach Like Pasta)|
|2% milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Monterey jack cheese/Havarti / brick||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Cook the fettuccine al dente for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and saute mushrooms, onions, green pepper, basil and oregano on medium flame, till they soften. Keep aside.
3) In a saucepan, heat milk on medium flame.
4) Dissolve 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in cold water and slowly add into the milk while stirring continously.
5) When the sauce starts to thicken, add in the Monterey and parmesan cheese. Milk until it becomes a smooth sauce.
6) Add in the pasta along with the sauted vegetables and toss well.
7) Lastly, season with paprika.
8) Serve hot.