Basic White Sauce Bechamel
|Enriched all purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
1) Heat the margarine till it is bubbly in a small saucepan.
2) Add the flour and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, for about 3 minutes.
3) Take the pan off the heat.
4) With a small wire whisk, stir in the heated milk gradually. Continue stirring till the mixture is smooth.
5) Add the salt and pepper, and if using, the nutmeg.
6) Cook the mixture over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till it has thickened.
7) Reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook, occasionally stirring, for 15 minutes more.
8) Serve as preferred.