Red Clam Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned plum tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), crushed|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Basil leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1 Dash|
|Canned minced clams||8 Ounce, drained|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Heat the oil in a 1 Â½-quart saucepan.
2) Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© for about 2 minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except the clams and parsley, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat and gently simmer, occasionally stirring, for about 15 minutes.
5) Add the parsley and clams and cook till the mixture has heated thoroughly. This takes about 3 more minutes of cooking.
6) Serve as preferred.