Red Clam Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned plum tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), crushed|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Basil leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1 Dash|
|Canned minced clams||8 Ounce, drained|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Heat the oil in a 1 Â½-quart saucepan.
2) Add the garlic and onion and sautÃ© for about 2 minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except the clams and parsley, and bring the mixture to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat and gently simmer, occasionally stirring, for about 15 minutes.
5) Add the parsley and clams and cook till the mixture has heated thoroughly. This takes about 3 more minutes of cooking.
6) Serve as preferred.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152 mg50.7%
Sodium 3705.9 mg154.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.5%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 69 g138.1%
Vitamin A 182.2% Vitamin C 345.6%
Calcium 45.2% Iron 366.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet