|Margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Enriched all purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
1) Heat the margarine till it is bubbly in a small saucepan.
2) Add the flour. Cook the mixture over low heat, constantly stirring, for about 2 minutes. Keep aside.
3) In a separate saucepan, boil the broth.
4) Remove the pan off the heat and immediately add the margarine mixture, a bit at a time, beating well after every addition with the help of a wire whisk.
5) Cook the concoction over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till it has thickened.
6) Use salt and pepper to season.
7) Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook and stir the mixture for about 15 minutes.
8) Serve as preferred.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 700.8 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet