Stir Fried Fish with Pepper Sauce
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped and pared|
|Fresh garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Dash|
|Firm white fish fillets||10 Ounce, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (White Fleshed)|
|Celery ribs||2 , thinly slices|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1) Over high heat, heat a wok or 10-inch skillet for about 30 seconds.
2) To the pan, add the oil and swirl till it is hot without smoking.
3) Add the garlic, ginger and pepper. Stir-fry for about 20 seconds.
4) Add the celery and fish. Stir-fry for another 1 minute.
5) Add the lettuce and stir-fry till the fish easily flakes when touched with a fork. This takes about 1 minute of cooking.
6) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to heat thoroughly.
7) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.5 mg62.5%
Sodium 971.1 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 52.2% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet